Technical Co-Ordinator/elegibilty Bod

Announcements from the management

Technical Co-Ordinator/elegibilty Bod

Postby Higgsy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:04 am

Hi Folks

As you know I've had the pleasure of performing the technical role for the club over the last couple of years, I hope I've managed to answer everybody's suggestions and queries successfully and I've tried not to encroach too much to check bikes, I normally have a look when they are in bits :lol: and have tried to take a pretty laid back approach to it all.

But, I have a couple of major projects going on next year that means I will be taking a sabbatical from YPM's, there just isn't enough funds and more importantly time to do everything. So I'm proposing to stand down after the last Brands meet.
I'm posting this up to give a chance for a decent hand over to the new person.

I am a firm believer that this needs to be a 'hands on' role, you cannot police the rules and be on hand for queries that arise if you are not there. Not that there are many to be honest, I haven't picked up anything on any machine this year which is a testament to how well the riders in the club police themselves.

So the club will need a new technical officer/co-ordinator (never really been sure of the job title)

What this involves is:

Overseeing any proposed rule changes
Policing the existing rules
Liaising with the BEMSEE technical staff, who are good at what they do and have been most helpful it must be said
Answering any eligibility and rule questions that might arise

That's about it really

There are two ways it could work for any interested party:

If you don't feel totally confident in all the bike models and would like a helping hand so to speak then I'm quite happy to be the in the background and make the final decision if necessary if an issue arises

or

If you are confident and happy to take the role on, I'll offer support as and when if necc. Or I'll butt out and let you get on with it if that's what you prefer.

I won't be disappearing completely, and it won't be forever, I just need to take some time out to sort out some more pressing issues and do a couple of things that have been put on the back burner.

If you are interested, please contact Fish or myself and we'll go from there. I'm guessing this could be a split role if necessary, but there really isn't a massive amount involved

Cheers

Higster
Higgsy
Spammer
Spammer

Return to Announcements