Hagon shock

Technical questions and answers

Hagon shock

Postby yumyum69 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:15 pm

HI,
Just bought a rear shock for my tzr rebuild,it's the fork fitting one.
The top eye mount has a 11.5 mm bore where the original shock has a 10.4mm i/d hole for a m10 bolt. THe fit seems a bit sloppy and I have just e mailed Hagon with my concerns.
What are your thoughts/experiences?

Thanks
Andy
yumyum69
Pit Bitch
Pit Bitch

Re: Hagon shock

Postby Len w #72 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:17 am

Hi there. Sorry for not picking up on this query before. Have you had a response from Hagon regarding your shock? Did you get the stock reply that they are all like that, or it must be your frame that's wrong ! I put a Hagon in my last tzr and had the same problem as did many others in the ypmrc. I sleeved the top eye in the shock on mine to reduce the size and take out the slack. I still have about 3ft of the tube I bought left in the garage. If you don't get a positive response from the manufacturer let me know and I'll send you some of the tube to fit in yours.
All the best. Len.
Len w #72
Club Gimp
Club Gimp

Re: Hagon shock

Postby yumyum69 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:49 pm

Cheers for that Len.
Hagon informed me that some are 10mm and some are 12mm,shame they did'nt ask me when I ordered it. Fair play to em though,they offered to modify the eye if I sent the shock back to them. In the end it worked out cheaper to buy two 12o/d x 10i/d x 20mm bushes from simply bearings.
Thanks again :D
yumyum69
Pit Bitch
Pit Bitch

Return to Technical