sv emulator fork oil quantity, and single ring on prox pisto

Technical questions and answers

Re: sv emulator fork oil quantity, and single ring on prox p

Postby Malc » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:53 pm

paul g wrote:Fixed, back of seal was bad, the little spring that goes round the lip of the seal had popped off and was rubbing on the waterpump shaft I think making the squeal, seal was a pain to get out and had to press new one back in. It never failed tho and looked like it had been in a fair few years!

That's good to know, good also it didn't let the coolant into the gearbox. Glad you got it sorted. Those water pump seals can be a bastard to change right enough!
Malc
Tail Ender
Tail Ender

Postby Higgsy » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:04 pm

There is a knack to it, but if they have been in there for a while you sometimes have to destroy them to get them out! Pressing the new one in needs a proper size drift/socket etc. and gentle pressure, it's easy to nick the seal I've found
Higgsy
Spammer
Spammer

Postby paul g » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:07 pm

Yep it was a pain alright! Touch wood I'm slighted for the weekend.... looking forward to trying out the tyre warmers as never had them before. Front forks felt a bit juddery since iv changed seals and oil but that was on the road, hoping they feel better on the tarmac, think half the trouble is previous owner was 15 stone and I'm nearer 13.5. springs are .8 and reckon 7 would be better, ended up with 20wt oil to slow the rebound
paul g
Club Gimp
Club Gimp

Postby paul g » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:08 pm

So just a follow up, bike ran really well at snetterton on the 28th, all ran in with no issues and front end felt pretty good so that was a result.
Just purchased a box trailer and today finished kitting out the inside for transporting my bike, bit better than my Burt Monroe trailer I had been using!

Going back on the 21st march
paul g
Club Gimp
Club Gimp

Postby Higgsy » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:26 am

When are you coming out to race it then Paul? :D
Higgsy
Spammer
Spammer

Postby paul g » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:20 pm

Was only thinking earlier that I'm running out of excuses not too!

Think all I need is a set of wets put on my spare wheels and I would be pretty much there :D

Never been round any other circuit bar snetterton but looking into doing others this year. Is it possible to just do a round or two to see how it goes? Or is this unlikely to get in unless you do the whole season......

Never any other 2 strokes on the track days I do,
so its looking highly likely Higgs

So I join the British motorcycle club, send off for acu licence, join ypm and then do I need to do a race school like brands had in Feb?
paul g
Club Gimp
Club Gimp

Postby Higgsy » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:01 pm

We have many riders who only do a couple of meetings each season, you don't have to do the whole season Paul, normally it's not a major problem getting an entry but it's best to book as early as you can to avoid dissapointment, the grids can get full quickly for the popular venues. Don't forget the TZR is also eligible for the EdiAsia F400 and the Thunderbike Sport classes as an extra class. Both get full quickly as well though.

You will then be a novice under Bemsee rules, which means an orange bib untill you get the required number of signatures on your licence card. As a YPMer you are allowed to do two meetings without losing your novice status under the club rules, which means if you only two meetings in one year, you will still be a novice the following season and will run in the clubs novice championship. More than two and the following season you will be classed as a Clubman

So I join the British motorcycle club, send off for acu licence, join ypm and then do I need to do a race school like brands had in Feb?

Sort of, you can do an ACU rider assessment at a trackday, I think most offer them, MSV and No Limits certainly do. Once you have that and have the pass certificate, you take an eye test, the details are on the application form, join Bemsee and they will send off your licence application. You can join YPM anytime.
Higgsy
Spammer
Spammer

Postby paul g » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:39 pm

Great info thank you, I'm back at snetterton with no limits on 21st so will will make some enquiries about the assessment. Would be nice to see my ex ypm bike back on the grid where it should be. I haven't done any competitive racing since I was 14 when I used to dapple in motocross, I'm now 41, where has that time gone!
paul g
Club Gimp
Club Gimp

Previous

Return to Technical